Creating API Keys
The Savitar Swap API requires a JSON Web Token (JWT) to authorize each request you make to the API. You generate JWTs using an API key created from your corporate’s user account.
An API key has two parts you must keep:
- kid: your API key unique identifier.
- private key: it enables you to sign tokens that authorize access to your data.
ImportantSecure your private keys as you would other credentials, such as usernames and passwords. Private keys are generated on client side and we do not store them in any place. We are not able to recover it for you.
Generate an API key
To generate an API key:
- Create and verify a Savitar master account Master Sign Up
- Log in to Savitar and go to API Keys
- Go to Generate tab.
- Enter a name for the key. The name is for your reference only.
- Click Generate.
The private key and the kid of your API key will be displayed to you. Store them in a safe place because we will not be able to recover it for you later.